When it comes to formulas, there are so many types of eyeliners for every occasion or preference. In today’s post, I will be sharing my diverse eyeliner collection.
This post contains affiliate links, so if you decide to make a purchase using my link, I may make a small commission. All opinions are my own.
My Diverse Eyeliner Collection
Cake & Gel Eyeliners
My pot or gel liner collection grew substantially over the year as I purchased quite a few shades from ColourPop. Although I enjoy pot liners for their lasting power and fun color variety, they are hard to finish before they dry out. Moreover, they are not a product that I use daily. Moving forward, I need to take a step back from buying so many of these liners.
Also, cake liners were new edition to my collection in 2019. The concept of the liner is so cool. However, cake liners take more effort to apply than other eyeliner types. For now, I am content with just these three cake liners.
- ColourPop Creme Color – Best O, Get Paid, Joy Ride, Prance ($6.50, CF)
- L’OREAL Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner 24 Hour – Black ($9.99)*
- Melt Cosmetics – Amor Eterno Gel Liner in Fortuna & Santos ($19.00, CF)
- Suva Beauty Hydra FX – Aztec ($14.00, CF)
- Suva Beauty Hydra Liner – Badmash & My Jam ($14.00, CF)
When it comes to pencil eyeliner, I am a drugstore girl. There are so many amazing affordable for eyeliner. However, I own many of these liners because they were included in goodie bags or gift sets. Additionally, some liners were given out for free at events. Ideally, I’d like to cut this stash down so that I only own one pencil in a particular color.
Ultimately, pencil Liners are my preferred eyeliner for the waterline or tight-line. They are the easiest to apply without smudging. Also, they hurt the least if a mistake is made. Read my review of the Melt Cosmetics Allday Everyday Eyeliners in Neptune and Dusk.
- ColourPop Creme Gel Liner – Cry Baby, Dirty Talk, Get Paid, Joy Ride, Kicker, Overboard, Piggy Bank, Swerve ($5.50, CF)
- JOAH Make Her Gel-Ous Gel Liner in Pearl Brown (CF, $8.50)
- L.A. Girl Gel Glide Eyeliner – Champagne & Pearl (CF, $3.99)
- Melt Cosmetics Allday/Everyday Eye Liner – Dusk & Neptune (CF, $17.00 USD)
- NYX – Jumbo Eye Pencil in RUST ($1.09, CF)*
- Pat McGrath – Black SmudgeLiner Eye Kohl
- Persona Cosmetics Pencil Eyeliner in Plum & Brown ($14.00, CF)*
- Pixi Beauty – Endless Silky Eye Pen – Matte Mulbury & MatteKhaki (CF, $12.00, CF)
- POP Beauty Kajal Pen – Inky Purple ($3.00, CF)*
Liquid eyeliner is the only type of eyeliner that I prefer to purchase from prestige or luxury brands. I’ve used a couple of “good” liquid liners from the drugstore. However, I never found an affordable liquid liner that could compare to the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner or the Fenty Fly Liner.
- Fenty Beauty – Flyliner Longwear Liquid Eyeliner ($20.00, CF)*
- Milk Makeup – Tattoo Stamp ($12.00, CF)*
- NYX – Epic Ink Liquid Eyeliner ($8.99, CF)
- Stila – Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Mini ($11.00, CF)*
- Urban Decay – Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Glam Rock & Midnight Cowboy ($21.00, CF)
Final Thoughts on My Diverse Eyeliner Collection
Overall, looking at my eyeliner collection made me realize how much my preferences have changed over the years. When I was initially learning how to wear makeup, eyeliner was my trusty friend. I ~RoCkeD~ the raccoon eyes made popular by favorite alternative musicians. As a result, I flew through eyeliners quickly.
As I’ve gotten older, I continue to use eyeliners. However, I use them in more subtle ways. Therefore, it takes me well over a year to use up a full-sized eyeliner completely.
If you enjoyed my diverse eyeliner collection post, please check out some other posts in my makeup collection series: blush | bronzer | highlighter | primer | concealer | foundation | setting products | nude bullet lipsticks | bold bullet lipsticks | lips crayons | lip liners | liquid lipsticks | lip tints | lip glosses
Do you own any of the liners featured in my diverse eyeliner collection? What formula do you prefer – cake, pencil, gel, powder? Please let me know in the comments below.1