The stencils are adorable, LP, and these blushes look amazing. I’m glad they held up and I’ll be looking for them!
COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duo Review March 3, 2020
unnBeauty lovers everywhere were stunned when COVER FX dropped its Monochromatic Blush Duos in 2019. With its sleek, minimalistic design and beautiful mix of matte and shimmer blushes, the Monochromatic Blush Duos captured the hearts of beauty lovers of all ages and backgrounds. But at $38.00, is the Cover FX Monochromatic Blush Duo formula worth the hype?
Please keep reading for my COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duo Review.
This post contains affiliate links (marked with an asterisk). If you decide to make a purchase using my link, I may make a small commission. All products were purchased for my own personal use and all opinions are my own.
What is COVER FX all about?
Cover FX is a Toronto-based brand that is all about providing high quality, clean beauty products!
COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duo Claims
- Weightless texture & seamless application
- Richly pigmented formula
- Easy to wear each side individually or pair together
- Formulated for all skin types
- Sturdy, white plastic packaged compact
- Includes a mirror
- The packaging stains easily, but is easy to clean, too
- The COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duos retail for $38.00, which breaks down to $19.00 per pan of blush
- With 14.5 grams of blush, this breaks down to ~ $2.62 per gram
- The COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duos were included infrequent seasonal promotions throughout 2019. (I purchased most of these blushes at a discount)
- The COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duos are formulated free from Fragrance, Gluten, Mineral Oil, Parabens, Phthalates, Sulfates, and Talc
- The COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duos are certified Clean at Sephora
Are the COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duos Cruelty-Free & Vegan?
- COVER FX is 100% Cruelty-Free. Yay!
- The COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duos are Vegan!
COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duo Swatches
- I own 5 of the 6 COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duos: Soft Peach, Pink Dahlia, Mojave Mauve, Warm Honey, and Spiced Cinnamon*
- The below swatches were done with clean fingers on a bare arm
P.S. What do you think about these swatch stencils I purchased from Etsy? This is my first time using a stencil for swatches.
Application & Wear-Time
- Application: First, grab a large fluffy brush to apply the COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duos. Then, start with a light hand and slowly build up the color on the cheeks.
- Wear-Time: The COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duos lasted 12+ hours on my oily skin when worn over a primer. I experienced no fading or smudging throughout the day.
Where are the COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duos sold?
- International: COVER FX, Beautylish
- US/UK: Beauty Bay, Sephora (US only), Ulta (US only)
Are the COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duos Worth the Hype?
YES! If you couldn’t tell by the fact that I own nearly every shade of the Cover FX Monochromatic Blush Duos, I am a huge fan of the formula. I LOVE that these blush duos are certified clean and are Talc-Free.
Although the pigmented formula immediately impressed me, I had a bit of a learning curve when first using these blushes. As someone with fair skin, I quickly realized I needed to use a large fluffy brush and a light hand to apply these COVER FX Blushes more naturally.
Each blush duo blends with ease and plays well with other powder and cream products. Whether I wear the matte side, shimmer side, or a mix of both, my cheeks have a radiant flush. Most importantly, the shimmery side does not enhance my texture or the appearance of pores nor does it make my oily-skin look greasy.
Do I think you need all of the Monochromatic Blush Duos? No. I suggest waiting to purchase one or two of the COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duos when they are on sale.
P.S. It isn’t just me loving these blushes – the COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duos are constantly out of stock at Sephora!
Let’s connect on social media: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin’ | Influenster
Have you tried any of the COVER FX Monochromatic Blush Duos? Are these duos tempting to you? Please let me know in the comments below.
bblogger beauty beauty blogger beauty review blush review clean beauty cruelty free beauty makeup makeup review vegan beauty
Leave a Reply