I’m impressed with the overall value of the bags as well. I tend to compulsively buy makeup and skin care as well and I totally agree with you that watching hauls on youtube is a huge trigger.
As a blogger, I try to stay away from hauls and only write about products I’ve used time and time again and that somehow forces me to be less spendy and careless.
Are hauls wasteful? Should we be doing them? Keep reading for my thoughts on hauls & the Beautycon LA Hauler Bag
Thoughts on Beauty Hauls
Fun fact, as of this writing, hauls account for over 31.2 million videos on YouTube and countless posts across WordPress.
As previously mentioned, haul posts are personally uncomfortable for me. I never want to come across as too showy or hyper-consumerist. Influencer hauls help people to find products that are new or interesting. However, often times online reviewers never tell readers or consumers how those hauled products performed for them. Therefore, those hauls potentially inspire others to buy products that they may hate or may not need.
As someone who bought beauty products almost addictively throughout college, hauls are triggering for urges to impulse shop. If you happen to have stumbled across this post and are unfamiliar with my previous blogs, I’ve been making immense efforts over the last two years to reduce my spending and to minimize my beauty collection by using up, donating or selling, or trashing items that no longer bring me joy. Part of this journey, lead me to focus on developing smarter shopping habits and to stop buying things in excess or solely for an emotional pick-me-up.
One of the ways that I keep myself accountable with shopping is by keeping thorough lists of what comes in and out of my collection, as well as sharing when I make new purchases or receive gifts from others. Additionally, I share with the online world (and those close to me), my progress in downsizing. More specifically, I will share an end of year update on my progress. Therefore, I don’t want to surprise anyone if I end the year with more products than I started with. This year, this seems likely (unfortunately due to the items I received in my Beautycon LA Hauler Bag).
Who Should Keep Reading
If you enjoy watching, reading, or posting hauls, my critique is not meant to cast judgment or shame. Ultimately, I just want to share my honest thoughts on this subject matter in case there is anyone else who finds these types of posts triggering. In the interest of transparency, I want to share what I received in my 2018 Beautycon LA Hauler Bag. Also, I will evaluate the worth of the bag.
If you are interested in seeing what I received in my 2018 Beautycon LA Hauler Bag, please keep reading:
Beautycon LA Hauler Bag & Ticket Value
Beauty Con L.A. offers a series of tiered tickets to the annual event ranging from one-day or two-day general admission, two-day early admission (with haul bag), VIP All Access, etc. When my friend and I were evaluating ticket options we were deciding between the two-day GA tickets ($75.00) or the early admission passes ($200.00).
Ultimately, we purchased the two-day early admission tickets. All-in-all, we felt that the early admission to the event, as well as the goodie bag were worth the price tag. However, it is always risky to take a chance on a mystery bag. In fact, mystery ahuler bags tend to contain a lot of junk.
Nevertheless, the tickets seemed more than worth it. After calculating the value of Beautycon LA Hauler bag, we concluded that the value of the products were worth more than $650.00. Also, the two-day GA tickets cost $75.00. Therefore, the package is valued at over $725.00. Additionally, I received so many products, that I needed to check a suitcase at the airport returning home to the East Coast.
To cut down on words, I will not describe what I received in the bag. However, I will provide links to any products still available. To note, I calculated the value for sample size products.
Beautycon LA Hauler Bag Products
- Aveda – Cherry Almond Softening Shampoo & Cherry Almond Softening Conditioner ($17.00, each)
- Eden Bodyworks – Coconut Moisture Shampoo – Cocoa Shea ($8.99)
- Shea Moisture – 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Leave-In Treatement ($12.99)
- Cantu – Natural Hair Curl Stretcher Cream Rinse ($4.99)
- KISS – Heat Protecting Argan Hair Oil ($3.99)
- OGX – Smoothing + Shea Sleek Humidity Blocking Hairspray ($6.99)
- Clairol Clearly You Permanent Cream Hair Color ($6.49)
- Clairol Pure White 40 Volume Creme Developer ($0.62)
- Eco Styler – Olive Oil & Shea Butter Black Caster Oil ($5.50)
- Camille Rose Naturals – Aloe Whipped Butter Gel ($16.00)
- Mixed Chicks Conditioning Cleansing Co-Wash ($2.50)
- The Mane Choice – Green Tea & Carrot Deep Strengthening & Restore Mask ($1.12)
- Jane Carter Solution – Curls to Go! Wash & Wear for Super Curly & Coily Hair ($1.00)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Hair Elastic*
- Popband London – Only Glo Hair Tie Multi ($1.80)
The below items are the skincare goodies I received in my 2018 Beautycon LA Hauler Bag.
- SkinThesis by Dermstore – Daily Cleanser, Refining Retinol 0.5, and Night Treatment*
- Pure Bliss Naturals – CBD Eye Serum Sample*
- Zoella – Beauty Quench Me Body Sorbet ($2.33), Beauty Make a Splash Moisturizing Body Wash ($2.16) & Beauty Loofa*
- Derma-E Essentials – Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil ($2.25)
- Palmer’s Coca Butter – Daily Skin Therapy ($2.00)
- Skinfix. – Foaming Clay Cleanser ($22.00)
- Nature Republic samples: Snail Solution Foam Cleanser, Cactus 92% Soothing Gel Sample sample, Iceland Brightening Watery Cream & PURE Bud Relief Foaming Cleanser for Oily Skin sample
- SweetSpot – Coconut Lime On-The-Go Wipes ($10.00)
- Nature Republic – Jeju Sparkling Cleansing Tissue (5 pack) ($0.97)
- Daily Concepts – Your Facial Mini Scrubber with Smart Technology ($5.00)
- 7th Heaven – Dead Sea Peel-Off Face Mask, Pink Guava Peel-Off Mask & Coconut Clay Peel-Off Mask ($1.37)
- Clabiane – Berry Bright Hydrogel Mask ($2.50)*
- Clabiane – PGA Aqua Mask ($2.50)
- KLAIRS – Midnight Blue Calming Sheet Mask ($3.00)
- Adaline – Keep Cool and Soothe Yourself Face Mask ($3.00)
- Masque Bar – Pore Refining Crème Mask ($3.00)
- So Fresh, So Clean – GROOVY Green Tea Wash-Off Mask ($4.99)
- double dare – OMG! 2IN1 KIT DETOX BUBBLING MICROFIBER MASK ($1.20)
- Lapcos USA – Metallic Sheet Mask Set (Pearl) ($2.80) & Charcoal Exfoliating & Cleansing Pad ($2.50)
- Avatara- Light Up Face Mask ($3.00)
- Yes To – Tomatoes Anti-Pollution Detoxifying Charcoal Bubbling Paper Mask ($3.59)
- Urban Decay – All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray ($32.00)
- Essence – My Must Haves Customizable Palette ($3.49) & singles in Miss Foxy Foxy, Snowflake, Fixing Powder, and Satin Blush ($1.99 each)
- Joah – Be My Everything Blush & Bronze ($13.00)
- Milani – MAKE IT LAST SETTING SPRAY PRIME + CORRECT + SE ($5.00)
- Becca – Backlight Priming Filter ($19.00)
- Dermablend – Loose Setting Powder ($27.00)
- Hourglass – Cautious Extreme Lash Mascara ($14.50)
- Ardell Mini Faves Lash Lookbook + Duo ($9.99)
- Almay – Shadow Squad Eyeshadow Holographic in Pegasus & Surreal ($6.99)
- KISS – Blowout Lash (Chignon) ($4.49)
- Pop Beauty – Kajal Pen (Inky Purple) ($6.00)
- Rimmel London – Wonder’fully Real Mascara ($5.99)
- Charlotte Russe – Velvet Lip Dip Matte Liquid Lipstick in Hot Coco – ($7.99)
- Pixi by Petra – Mattelustre Lipstick (Bitten Rose) ($7.99)
- Revlon – Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick (Fire + Ice) ($3.75)
- Covergirl – Colorlicious Lipstick (Hot) ($5.99)
- It’s Skin -Mini Macaron Lip Balm (Pineapple) ($6.50)
- NYX Professional Makeup – Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick (Embellishment) ($6.99)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Liquid Lipstick (Crush) ($20.00)
- L’OREAL Paris – Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick Les Chocolate Scented – Candy Man ($9.99)
- Lime Crime – Metallic Velvatines Liquid Lipstick (Vibe) ($20.00)
- Revlon – Super Lustrious Lip Gloss (Fatal Apple) ($6.29)
- J.Cat Beauty – Online Only Flash Metal Metallic Matte Lip (Inter Stellar) ($4.99)
- Flower Beauty – Galaxy Glaze Holographic Lip Gloss (Halo) ($9.99)
- Nudestix – Lip + Cheek Balm (Siren) ($24.00)
- Hourglass – Girl Lip Stylo (Activist) (S32.00)
- Mugler – Angel Fruity Fair Sample ($3.14)
Tools & Nails:
- Labeautesoi – Duet Multi-Face Brush ($14.00)
- Beauty Fiend – Holographic Face Essentials Set – 4P ($70.00)
- Pur – Pillow Blend ($12.00)
- Impressions Vanity – Slayssentials “Just Slay” Compact Mirror ($10.00)
- Caption – Art Screens in Party Squad ($29.95)
- Sally Hansen – Crayola x Sally Hansen Insti Dri Nail Color x Wild Watermelon ($4.99)
- CNDC – Vinylux (Video Violet) ($3.99)
Thoughts on the 2018 Beautycon LA Hauler Bag
While I don’t plan to keep every single product in the haul bag, I was impressed with the the value, the sheer number of products (and the brands included), as well as the overall product selection. Not only did the bag provide a variety of brands from indie to drug-store and prestige, but they provided products across haircare, skincare, cosmetics, tools, and snacks. For an avid beauty junkie, the ability to test so many new products that I may have never purchased is exciting.
Beauty Con did a good job in ensuring that there would be products for everyone, regardless of skin concern, skin tone, or hair type. For example, there were quite a few products for textured or curly hair, as well as haircare for thin hair. Additionally, I think that the brands who provided lip products were smart to include colors that weren’t nudes, since there is no universal nude shade.
Would I Buy the Beautycon LA Hauler Ticket Again?
Honestly, when I opened the bag I felt extremely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of products. In fact, my on-going minimalism journey made me feel a little repulsed.
However, if I were to attend Beautycon again, I would still purchase the Hauler tickets. Ultimately, getting into the convention early is worth it. In fact, I saw and interacted with way more brands between 10:00AM-12:00PM, than I did during the remaining six hours of each day. Overall, the lines for each brand booth sucked up too much of the day.
In the end, I don’t have to stay overwhelmed. Anything I do not plan to use can be given to friends or family, or donated. Giving to others without expecting anything in return is a rewarding feeling.
*Item or price not found online
Let’s connect on social media: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin’
What are your thoughts on hauls? Have you tried any of the products mentioned above? I’d love to know your thoughts in the comments below.
bblogger beauty beauty blogger beauty con la beautycon blogger consumerism haul makeup
Leave a Reply