I literally just went through all my makeup yesterday and got rid of tons of stuff! Mostly mascara
Massive 2018 Beauty Declutter | 50+ Products Gone! January 17, 2019
After a year of buying and trying many new beauty products, it was time to reevaluate what I owned. Recently, I meticulously combed through my entire beauty collection. Keep reading my massive 2018 beauty declutter to see what products I purged from my collection.
A Little Bit About My Massive 2018 Beauty Declutter Mindset
Whenever possible, I try to donate or rehome makeup that I no longer want. However, I did not approach this year-end declutter with the same mindset. Instead, this declutter was almost entirely focused on letting go of products that are too old to keep using.
In many cases, certain products had expired so badly that they developed a chemical smell. Keep reading to see what products didn’t survive my massive 2018 beauty declutter.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links.. If you purchase by clicking on my links, I may be compensated at no additional cost to you.
Decluttered Eye Products
- MAC – Pro Long Wear Paint Pot in Painterly
- Milk Makeup – Eye Pigment in Hotel Lobby
- Stila – Magnificent Metals Pigment & Mixing Medium in Metallic Peach
- Maybelline – Master Precise Ink Liner in Stellar Sand
- Stila – Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Brights
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Dip Brow Pomade in Chocolate
- Smashbox – Mini Trio in Callback
Decluttered Lipsticks & Lip Crayons
- Joah Beauty – Mini I’m Your Jelly Bae Matte Gel Lipstick *Didn’t like formula or shade on my lips
- Clinique – Almost Lipstick in Black Honey *Came Broken
- Tarte – Mini Lipsurgence Lip Tint in Classy
- NARS – Velvet Matte Lip Pencils in Cruella, Dolce Vita & Never Say Never
- bareMinerals – Marvelous Moxi Lipstick (Fly High)
- NARS – Lipstick in Barbarella
- Smashbox – Be Legendary Lipsticks in Latte & Tangerine
- NARS – Limited Edition Mini Lipstick in Mayflower (2X)
Decluttered Lip glosses & Liquid Lipsticks
- Too Faced – Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipsticks in Melted Fig & Chocolate Honey
- Smashbox – Always on Matte Liquid Lipstick in Driver’s Seat
- Smashbox – Be Legendary Lip Gloss in Disco Rose
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Liquid Lipstick in Pure Hollywood, Dolce & Kathryn
- BECCA – Lip Topper *Didn’t enjoy formula, felt sticky on the lips
- Buxom – Full-on Lip Cream (Dolly)*Potentially Expired / Burned my lips
- Too Faced – Lip Injection in Milkshake *Burned my lips
- Dior – Mini Lip Maximizer *Burned my gums
- It’s Skin – Mini Macaroon Lip Balm in Pineapple *Made my lips feel drier than they already are
- Kiehl’s – Mint Lip Balm *Burned my gums
Decluttered Face Products
- Hourglass – Ambient Lighting Palette
- Too Faced – Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (original)
- Becca – Back Light Priming Filter Primer
- Make Up For Ever – Full Coverage Camouflage Concealer *Creased and caked up
- Smashbox – Contour Palette
- Cover FX – Illuminating Primer
- J. One – Jelly Pack
- Garnier – Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller
- SMD – Saromae Snail Serum Concentrate *Caused a breakout
- Drunk Elephant – C-Firma Day Serum
- Drunk Elephant – T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum
- LUSH – Tea Tree Water Toner
- Clean & Clear – Persa Gel 10 Acne Spot Treatment
- StriVectin – *Burning sensation under the eye
- CVS Health – 5 Minute Whitening Gel *Didn’t whiten my teeth
- Chi – Iron Guard
- Dove – Style + Care Extra Hold Hair Spray
- R+Co – Tinsel Smoothing Oil *Left my hair frizzy and greasy
- Bumble and Bumble – Surf Infusion Sea Salt Spray
- Ouai – Wave Spray
- Ouai – Finishing Cream
Final Thoughts on my Massive 2018 Beauty Declutter
Although I hate throwing out products, decluttering is a necessity when you own a large collection. Unlike clothing, makeup, skincare, and haircare go bad. Therefore, it is almost impossible to own this much makeup and go through it all.
Ultimately, my goal is to eventually use more of what I own and purchase less.
Let’s connect on social media: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin’
For more beauty declutters, check out my Spring 2019 declutter or Summer 2019 declutter.
What products did you say goodbye to in 2018? Did you have to toss any favorites? Let me know in the comments below.
bblogger beauty beauty blogger declutter makeup makeup addiction makeup journey minimalism project pan
Leave a Reply