Keep reading for my huge 2018 Mid-Year Beauty Empties to see how well I’m doing with reaching my 2018 empties goals!
About My 2018 Goals
Similarly to last year, my goal in 2018 is to use up or move out 20% of the beauty collection that I owned at the start of the year. Although I surpassed my goal last year, I chose not to make this year’s goal more challenge. In actuality, I was nervous that I’d be unable to finish the same volume of products.
- First, I finished all of the easy-to-pan deluxe samples from my Sephora Play! subscription. Obviously, samples are easier to finish than full-size products.
- Second, unlike last year’s extensive Beauty No Buy, I was not intending to participate in another shopping challenge this year.
- Third, lately I haven’t been wearing makeup on a daily basis. Instead, I focus more on skincare due to time restraints in the morning.
Last Year’s Empties Totals
Compared to last year, I have used up or moved out less product. As of June 30th last year, I finished or decluttered 112 products. The break downs are as follows:
- 58 items finished
- 22 items decluttered or lost
- 23 products given to friends or donated
- 3 products sold on Poshmark
- 6 products were returned
2018 Beauty Inventory Progress & Goals
As of June 30th, 2018, I moved out only 96 products. Obviously, this is a considerable decrease compared to last year. Nevertheless, as of this post, I already surpassed my yearly goal. More specifically, I moved out 50% of the products I owned at the start of the year.
- 46 empties
- 25 decluttered
- 10 sold or actively listed on Poshmark
- 15 given to friends or donated
Therefore, I am increasing my 2018 beauty inventory goal to keep me motivated to keep using up items. Now my goal is to use up or declutter 75% of the products that I owned at the start of the year. This equates to 144 items. Honestly, this goal is very ambitious. Currently, I am unsure of whether I could realistically hit this goal. However, I want to try my best.
Check out the below list for the full breakdown of products I used by my 2018 Mid-Year Beauty Empties roundup.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links (*). If you purchase by clicking on my links, I may be compensated at no additional cost to you.
2018 Mid-Year Beauty Empties:
- First Aid Beauty – Eye Duty Triple Remedy AM Gel Cream*
- Origins – Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask*
- Origins – Mini Original Skin Retexturizing Mask*
- Peter Thomas Roth – Water Drench Moisturizer*
- Dr. Jart – Ceremidin Gel Cream (now discontinued)
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion – Travel Size
- Lubriderm – Travel Size Moisturizer
- Lubriderm – Daily Moisture Lotion for Normal to Dry Skin*
- Algenist – SUBLIME DEFENSE Ultra Lightweight UV Sunscreen SPF 50*
- Coppertone – Clearly Sheer SPF 50 Sunscreen*
- Josie Maran -100% Pure Argan Oil*
- Kiehl’s – Midnight Recovery Oil – Deluxe Sample*
- Boscia – Hydration Essence
- Boscia – Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask (now discontinued)
- Beauty Counter – N. 3 Balancing Face Mask Deluxe Sample
- Origins – GinZing Refreshing Scrub*
- Fresh – Soy Face Cleanser*
- Glamglow – Poutmud Fizzy Lip Exfoliating Treatment
- LUSH – Daddy-O Shampoo (16.9 fl. oz)
- LUSH – Daddy-O Shampoo (8.4 fl. oz)
- Loma – Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner*
- Peter Thomas Roth – Mega Rich Shampoo* (Travel Size)
- LUSH – (4) Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bars
- LUSH – Retread Conditioner
- Peter Thomas Roth – Mega Rich Conditioner (Travel Size)
- LUSH – I Love Juicy Shampoo (16.9 fl. oz)
- RenPure – Co-Wash (coconut)
- Bumble & Bumble – BB, Don’t Blow It Deluxe Mini*
- Moroccan Oil – Moroccan Oil Treatment Deluxe Mini*
- Verb – Leave-In Mist (now discontinued)
- Living Proof – Perfect Hair Day Over Night Styling Protector*
I started most of the LUSH haircare items before the start of the year. Therefore, so I did not “over-use” these hair products just to finish them by this update. Also, I wash my hair daily due to a sensitive scalp. As a result, I use more product because I need to ensure that I thoroughly clean it.
- Aquaphor – (2) Healing Ointment* (Chapstick)
- Glamglow – Poutmud Wet Lip Balm
- Chapstick – Gingerbread Kiss Chapstick
- Buxom – Full-on Lip Polish* (Dolly)
- Urban Decay – 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil in Plushe
- Sephora – Contour Eye Pencil 24 Hour Wear Mini in 33 Love Affair
- Kat Von D – Tattoo Liner* Mini
- Make Up For Ever – Step 1 Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer* (Travel Size)
- Urban Decay – Naked Skin Foundation (1.5 Fair Bisque) (now discontinued)
- Laura Mercier – Translucent Setting Powder*
- Laura Mercier – Secret Brightening Powder* Mini
About my calculations
I always calculate my progress based off a stable base number. In other words, I do not adjust my calculations to account for new products acquired throughout the year. Instead, I use the number of products that I owned at the end of the preceding year as my base.
Although this might seem strange to some, this method leaves less room for error. Also, it helps keep me focused on reducing my collection without feeling self-conscious about the purchases that I’m making.
Let’s connect on social media: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin’
Did you enjoy my mid-year beauty empties 2018 roundup? Check out my 2018 mid-year skincare empties, hair care empties, and cosmetics empties.
Beyond my beauty empties 2018 roundups, I am trying to a Pan That Palette 2018 challenge. Check out the introduction here.
What did you think about my mid-year beauty empties 2018 roundup? What products did you finish up so far this year? What are your tips for finishing products without being wasteful? Please let me know in the comments below.
bblogger beauty beauty blogger empties makeup minimalism project pan reviews skincare
Leave a Reply