This past Winter I was nominated for three Mystery Blogger Awards by the lovely and talented Sonia Georgina of Chronillicles, Amarjeet Sonia Madaan of Kaurstylefile, and Jenni of Housewife Hustle. The Mystery Blogger award is a blogger to blogger tag created by Okota Enigma. Thank you all for nominating me. I may be slow to post my response, but please know that these nominations made my day! 🙂
Mystery Blogger Award Rules
- Put the award logo onto your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and link to the award post.
- State three random facts about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 people
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choosing
- Share a link to your best post
Given that I was nominated for this award in such short succession and that this award calls for so many nominations, I’ve decided to answer all of the questions in one post together.
Three Random Facts About Me
- My all-time dream is to work in the beauty industry
- I’ve only visited 3 countries outside the US (Australia, Italy, New Zealand)
- I am addicted to chocolate – like it’s embarrassing how much I eat…. (Hershey’s is the my fave)
- Would you rather have hands for feet or feet for hands? I would definitely rather have hands for feet. This is similar to what most monkeys have, right? 🙂
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I would love to live in Sydney or Melbourne. Australia will ~FOREVER~ be my county crush.
- If you had one day on Earth with no laws and nobody else, what would you do? If I had one day on Earth by myself without any laws, I’d spend the day hiking a beautiful mountainside or at the beach. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve really grown to love and appreciate nature much more.
- Do you believe in aliens? I don’t believe in aliens, but I do love watching sci-fi movies like Star Wars or Guardians of the Galaxy.
- What is your favorite season and why? This is SO BASIC, but I love the Fall season. New England really shines during the Fall when the air gets crisp and the leaves start to turn colors.
- What is the best thing you love about yourself? I love my tenacity to push through hard times and challenge myself. Nothing feels better than seeing the rewards of your hard work.
- Whom do you admire the most? I admire my mom because she is the most selfless and patient person that I know. I aspire to be more like her.
- Do you believe in the power of positivity? I definitely believe in the power of positivity. Over the years, I’ve learned that negativity can almost be a self-fulfilling prophecy. When I’m overly anxious, those anxieties tend to turn into reality versus when I’m positive, the outcome tends to be better. Also, being negative and pessimistic only brings about prolonged misery.
- Have you met any blogger personally? I haven’t – but I’ve love to meet up with some of my east coast blogger friends, for sure. Sorry in advance if I’m awkwardly shy.
- Do you squeeze the toothpaste tube from the top or bottom? I squeeze from the top.
- If you had to eat one food for breakfast every Saturday, what would it be? French toast with carmelized bananas, maple syrup, and a side of home fries…. with a big cup of cold brew coffee.
- If you hit the lottery, what would be your first purchase? Does paying off my student loans count?
- Is there one movie you could watch on repeat? The entire LOTR series.
- What is your all time favorite hair product? The LUSH bar shampoo in Jumping Juniper is my all-time favorite hair product.
- If you could pick one nail polish color a year, what would you pick for 2019? I would pick periwinkle blue – a constant go-to shade.
My Mystery Blogger Nominations
- Christine @ Glamour with Christine
- Alex @ California Pollution
- Kat @ Femenish
- Molly @ Mind of Molly
- Beckie @ Beckie Writes
- Kelly @ Kelly Marie Beauty
- Kate @ Katedaysaweek
- Geraldine @ Geraldine Talks
- Alex @ All Things Alexx
- Gabby @ GabbyAbigail
- Melissa @ Castles and Hurricanes
- Hunida @ Hunida’s Blog
- RoseMarie @ Books and Stuff
- Shanice @ Faith ‘N Turtles
- Accidental Blogger @ Writing My Heart Out
My Mystery Blogger Questions
- Who is the style or beauty icon that influenced you most?
- Who was the last artist you saw in concert?
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- Would you rather have the ability to communicate with animals or fly?
- Pick one: Netflix, Hulu, HBO, or YouTube.
My Favorite Posts
I feel a little silly stating which posts I feel are my best, but here are a few posts I loved writing and hope you’ll check out (if you haven’t already).
- Posts about me: thank u, next: 2018 Success, 2019 Goals, Blogger Recognition Award: Why I Write & Tips for New Bloggers
- Posts about blogging: Blogger Love | Helpful Tools for Blog Planning & Scheduling, Blogger Love | Twitter Tips & 40 Retweet Accounts to Help You Grow Your Blog
- Posts about beauty: Bad or Rad: Glossier, ColourPop x ILUVSARAHII Through My Eyes Palette Review, 19 Indie Cosmetics Brands You Should Try in 2019 | Volume 1 (Brands I Love)
As always, I know that not all of you will complete this tag, but I hope that seeing this nomination makes your day that much brighter. I’m so happy that I’ve gotten to know you all this past year and want you to know how much your content inspires me.