I remember that I used to really like this brow gel but I haven’t repurchased it for a long time. I agree about the shade range- Essence don’t seem to do well with shade ranges in general
Essence Make Me Brow Gel Mascara Review February 23, 2021
Tired of pursuing the perfectly shaped and full Instagram block brows? Check out this review of the Essence Make Me Brow Gel Mascara to find your favorite ‘your brows but better’ staple.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase by clicking on my links, I may be compensated at no additional cost to you.
A Little Bit About Essence
Founded in Germany in 2001, Essence Makeup aims to provide fun, affordable, high-quality makeup to consumers. As such, the brand is one of the most affordable European drugstore brands on the market.
Essence Make Me Brow Gel Mascara Claims
The below claims were taken directly from the Essence website.
raise your brows! this tinted gel formula contains tiny fibers that fills in gaps to create fuller, more defined eyebrows. the perfectly sized fiber brush shapes and tames to brow perfection
Packaging & Price
- Clear plastic tube packaging with twist-top cap
- 3 shades available: blonde brows, browny browns, and soft browny browns
- Retail Price: $2.99
In terms of potential irritating ingredients, the only ingredients that stood out to me were Denatured Alcohol and Butylene Glycol.
- Denatured Alcohol is one of the top ingredients in the Essence Make Me Brow Gel Mascara likely due to the product’s intention to shape and tame brows into place. Although denatured Alcohol is a product that gets a bad reputation for drying out the skin, it has many practical uses in cosmetics.
- Also, Butylene Glycol is a known skin irritant that some consumers cannot handle in beauty products. With that said, I never experience any reaction to this ingredient in this formula or in other products.
Is Essence Cruelty-Free and Vegan?
The Essence Make Me Brow Gel Mascara is 100% Cruelty-Free, Vegan, and Paraben-Free.
Application & Wear-Time
- Before applying the gel to the brows, wipe excess product on the inner rim or the tub or the back of the hand
- Gently brush the brow gel upwards into the brows, working the product through the brows
- Build until satisfied with results
- Initial smudging or mess may occur during application, but can be easily wiped away with a finger, q-tip, etc.
- Once dry, lasts 12+ hours on the brows without smudging or fading
Where is the Essence Make Me Brow Gel Mascara sold?
In the United States, Essence’s Make Me Brow Gel Mascara is sold in Ulta, *Target,* and online (internationally).
Final Thoughts on the Essence Make Me Brow Gel Mascara
As someone who has tried a lot of brow gels over the years, I’ve developed a clear preference for formulas that add dimension and fullness to my brows. However, I hate when my formula looks too fake or boxy. Additionally, I dislike brow gels that have hairspray-like hold.
The Essence Make Me Brow Gel* is a pigmented, buildable formula that is affordable and easy to use for beginners. The product may smudge on initial application, but is easy to clean. Once dried, this brow gel provides naturally-looking full brows.
Although not a formula dupe, the Essence Make Me Brow Gel is an amazing, affordable alternative to Anastasia Beverly Hills’ Dipbrow Gel Pomade. Both formulas are pigmented and long-wearing, but Essence’s Vegan brow gel is a sixth of the price and much more forgiving of mistakes. Having tried both formulas, I prefer Essence’s to Anastasia Beverly Hills’ Dipbrow Gel.
Despite the aforementioned praise, the Make Me Brow Gel Mascara has one major flaw. The shade range is pitiful. For such a tinted product, there is not enough shade variety in the line. In particular, I am shocked that the brand has no black or red shades.
Are all Essence products made equal? Read my Essence Ola Rio Eyeshadow Palette review to discover how this affordable palette performs.
Let’s connect on social media: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin’ | Influenster
Have you tried the Essence Make Me Brow Gel Mascara? What is your favorite brow product? Please let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
affordable makeup beauty beauty review Brow Gel Cruelty Free cruelty-free makeup drugstore makeup Essence Cosmetics essence makeup eyebrow routine Make Me Brow Gel Mascara makeup vegan
Leave a Reply