Wow you’re doing amazingly well at using up your makeup! I never really finish anything as I just chop and change the products I use on a daily basis xo
Using up makeup is hard – especially with a collection as large as mine. As a participant in the 20 in 2020 Project Pan, my goal is to finish 20 products by the end of the year. Keep reading for my third 20 in 2020 Project Pan update.
Discloser: This post contains affiliate links (*). If you make a purchase using my affiliate links I may earn a small commission at no added cost to you. All opinions are my own and unless otherwise noted, products were purchased.
Why Project Panning?
In 2019 I set out with the mission to transparent about my beauty buying habits by meticulously tracking my purchases, quarterly beauty empties, and regularly sharing my decluttered products on my blog. Using my comprehensive beauty inventory system, I could pinpoint how my collection was changing over time.
At the risk of judgement, I finally took a risk to share the size and value of my makeup collection. The year-end tally was so shocking that I felt compelled to participate in my first official Project Pan.
Products I Finished by my 20 in 2020 Project Pan Update #3
- ColourPop – Super Shock Shadow in Falling Up ($4.50, CF)
- L.A. Girl – Gel Glide Eyeliner in Champagne ($3.99, CF)
- BECCA – Travel Size Backlight Priming Filter ($21.00, CF)*
Products I’m Still Working On
- Amica – Bombshell Blowout Spray ($25.00, CF) –
- Artist Couture – Mini Diamond Glow Powder in Illuminati ($14.10, CF)
- BECCA – Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder ($39.00, CF)
- Charlotte Tilbury – Hollywood Contour Wand ($38.00, CF)*
- Glossier – Coconut Balm Dotcom ($12.00, CF)*
- Glossier – Clear Lip Gloss ($14.00, CF)*
- Glossier – Stretch Concealer in G10 ($18.00, CF)*
- IT Cosmetics – Mini Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil (12.00, CF)
- Milk Makeup – Hydro Grip Gel Primer Mini ($15.00, CF)
- Milk Makeup – Mini Highlighter in Lit ($14.00, CF)*
- NYX – Jumbo Pencil in Rust ($4.50, CF)
- POP Beauty Kajal Pencil in Inky Purple ($3.00, CF)
- Sephora Lip Liner to Go in Fresh Berry ($6.00)
- Smolder Cosmetics – Lumi Dew Hydra Mist in Nebula ($21.00, CF)
- Tatcha – Silk Canvas Mini ($22.00, CF)
- Urban Decay – Vice Lipstick in Liar ($18.00, CF)*
Products I’m Rolling In
Every time I finish a product included in my 20 in 2020 Project Pan, I will roll in a new product to work on. The bulk of the products I aim to finish in 2020 are makeup; however, as the project progresses, I may include skincare and haircare products.
- Bite Beauty – Line & Define Lip Liner ($22.00, CF) – discontinued
- Make Up For Ever – Deluxe Sample Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation Trial Size in R230 ($7.17)
- Pat McGrath Labs – Mini Lust Gloss in Bronze Temptation ($16.00, CF)
- Sephora Lip Liner to Go in Deep Aubergine ($6.00)
Previously Finished Products
The below products are items that I finished before this update
- Dermablend – Translucent Loose Setting Powder Mini ($5.22)
- Kopari – Coconut Lip Glossy ($12.00, CF)*
- LA Girl – Gel Glide Eyeliner in Whiten ($3.99, CF)
- Maybelline – Fit Me Concealer in Fair ($8.29)*
- Milani – Eyeshadow Primer ($5.99, CF)*
- Nudestix – Tinted Blur Stick in Light 2 ($30.00, CF)*
- Revlon – Candid Photoready Insta-Filter Foundation in 200 Nude ($17.99)*
- Thrive Causemetics – Waterproof Eyebrow Liner in Serena ($23.00, CF)
- Milk Makeup – KUSH Clear Brow Gel ($18.00, CF)*
- Pixi Beauty – Hydrating Milky Mist ($15.00, CF)*
- Urban Decay – All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray ($32.00, CF)*
- Shiseido – Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation SPF 30 in 220 Deluxe Mini ($7.83)
- Bite Beauty – Matte Creme Lip Pencil in Glace ($12.00, CF)*
- Fenty Beauty – Mini Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow ($11.50, CF)
- Milk Makeup – Mini Lip + Cheek Stick in Werk ($14.00, CF)*
Total Progress as of April 2020: 85% Complete (17/20)
RELATED: Catch up on my 20 in 2020 Project Pan Update #1 in this post or my Update #2 here.
Final Thoughts on my 20 in 2020 Project Pan Update #3
My progress during April slowed down considerably as a result of wearing less makeup. Although some of you may assume that this is due to the ‘stay at home’ orders, the main reason that I wore less makeup was due to my finals.
I am a full-time graduate student who is also working part-time. Across the board, I was bogged down with a ton of team projects in my classes and at work. Each of my projects spanned market research, consulting, and analytics. As a team lead on all of my projects, I felt overwhelmed by my workload.
Additionally, the prolonged time at home continued to wear me down. Some days, my mental exhaustion eclipsed my physical exhaustion. There were a couple periods where I found myself sleeping for 24 hours straight.
When I stop wearing makeup or reduce the amount I wear, it is usually a sign that I’m struggling. In some cases, I’m either beginning to enter a low period or I’m in the midst of a down period.
On the days I was wearing makeup, I was wearing less – partially due to lack of time and partially due to feeling frazzled. For example, there were days that I was so tired I that I forgot to apply primer or forgot to set my face.
However, despite experiencing such major woes, I am thankful to finally finish my ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Falling Up. After months of steady use, I was finally able to use up that shadow.
May Goals: I hope to finish up my BECCA Hydra-Mist Set and Refresh Powder & my Mini Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer
If you enjoyed reading my 20 in 2020 Project Pan Update you might enjoy reading about my experience attempting the Pan That Palette Challenge in 2018.
Let’s connect on social media: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin’ | Influenster
Do you own any of the products featured in my 20 in 2020 Project Pan Update #3? Have you attempted to finish any beauty products that are difficult to use up? Please let me know in the comments below.
20 in 2020 Project Pan beauty beauty blogger cosmetics empties makeup makeup collection makeup empties project pan
Leave a Reply