In 2020, I’m attempting to finish 20 makeup products.Â If you’re curious, keep reading for my 2nd 20 in 2020 Project Pan update.
Why This Challenge?
In 2019 I set out with the mission to be more transparentÂ about my negative beauty buying habits. This meant that I meticulously tracked my purchases and spending. Each quarter, I gathered together my beauty empties, and mercilesslyÂ decluttered productsÂ throughout the year.
Ultimately, my desire to track the items that were flowing in and out of my collection led to the creation of a thoroughÂ beauty inventoryÂ system. And by the end of 2019 I finally took a risk to share the size and value ofÂ my huge makeup collectionÂ despite the fear of judgment.
The size and value of my collection was so shocking that I felt motivated to participate in aÂ Project PanÂ with a specific goal to finish more makeup in 2020. Specifically, I am doing a 20 in 2020 Project Pan.
Discloser: This post contains affiliate links. I may make a small commission if you make a purchase using my link. All opinions are my own.
Products I Finished
- Bite Beauty – Matte Creme Lip Pencil in Glace ($12.00, CF)*
- Fenty Beauty – Mini Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow ($11.50, CF)*
- Milk Makeup – KUSH Clear Brow Gel ($18.00, CF)*
- Pixi Beauty -Â Hydrating Milky Mist ($15.00, CF)*
- Shiseido -Â Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation SPF 30 in 220 Deluxe MiniÂ ($7.83)
- Urban Decay -Â All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray ($32.00, CF)*
In addition to finishing the above 5 items in this project, I made the decision to declutter my Milk Makeup – MiniÂ Lip + Cheek Stick in Werk. Although I have been using this cream blush almost daily for the last 2 months there is been no noticeable progress. In fact, this product looks just as full as it did when I first put it in this project. This frustration, as well as the changing blush scent, lead me to toss this out.
Products I’m Still Working On
Â Given that this is a rolling project pan, IÂ will roll in new products as IÂ finish projects every month.Â Every update within my 20 in 2020 Project Pan will include twenty beauty products that I want to finish up by the end of the year.
- BECCA – Backlight Priming Filter Mini ($21.00, CF)*
- BECCA -Â Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder ($39.00, CF)
- Charlotte Tilbury -Â Hollywood Contour Wand ($38.00, CF)*
- Milk Makeup – Mini Highlighter in Lit ($14.00, CF)*
- ColourPop – Super Shock Shadow in Falling Up ($4.50, CF)
- Glossier – Clear Lip Gloss ($14.00, CF)*
- Urban Decay – Vice Lipstick in Liar ($18.00, CF)*
- Artist Couture -Â Mini Diamond Glow Powder in Illuminati ($14.10, CF)
- Glossier – Coconut Balm Dotcom ($12.00, CF)*
- Glossier – Stretch Concealer in G10Â ($18.00, CF)*
- IT Cosmetics -Â Mini Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil (12.00, CF)
- L.A. Girl – Gel Glide Eyeliner in Champagne ($3.99, CF)
- Tatcha – Silk Canvas Mini ($22.00, CF)
Products I’m Rolling In
For every product within my 20 in 2020 Project Pan that I finish, I will roll in a new product so that I can use up as many makeup items in my collection as possible.
- Amica – Bombshell Blowout Spray ($25.00, CF)
- Charlotte Tilbury -Â Airbrush Flawless Longwear Foundation in 4N ($22.00, CF)
- Milk Makeup -Â Hydro Grip Gel Primer Mini ($15.00, CF)
- NYX – Jumbo Pencil in Rust ($4.50, CF)
- POP Beauty Kajal Pencil in Inky Purple ($3.00, CF)
- Sephora Lip Liner to Go in Fresh Berry ($6.00, CF)
- Smolder Cosmetics -Â Lumi Dew Hydra Mist in Nebula ($21.00, CF)
Although my main goal within this project is to finish more cosmetic products, I can only work on so many lip and base products at the same time. Knowing I have a ton of product left in my Bombshell Blowout Spray from Amica, I felt that my 20 in 2020 Project Pan would provide more incentive to use this heat styler regularly.
Previously Finished ProductsÂ
The below products are items that I finished before my Recap of my 20 in 2020 Project Pan Update #2. As you can tell, I made much greater progress during my first month compared to my 2nd month of this project.
- Dermablend -Â Translucent Loose Setting Powder Mini ($5.22)
- Kopari – Coconut Lip Glossy ($12.00, CF)*
- LA Girl – Gel Glide Eyeliner in Whiten ($3.99, CF)
- Maybelline – Fit Me Concealer in Fair ($8.29)*
- Milani – Eyeshadow Primer ($5.99, CF)*
- Nudestix – Tinted Blur Stick in Light 2 ($30.00, CF)*
- Revlon -Â Candid Photoready Insta-Filter Foundation in 200 Nude ($17.99)*
- Thrive Causemetics – Waterproof Eyebrow Liner in Serena ($23.00, CF)
Total Progress as of April 2020: 70% Complete (14/20)
RELATED: Catch up on my 20 in 2020 Project Pan Update #1 in this post.
Final Thoughts on my 2nd 20 in 2020 Project Pan Update
As I expected, my progress during my 2nd month of this project slowed down. As a result, I was only able to finish 6 more products by my 20 in 2020 Project Pan Update #2.
I am disappointed with this slow progress; however, I need to recognize that the items I rolled in last month will be longer-term items for me to work on throughout this project. As this project continues to progress, I expect that my progress will continue to slow as I bring larger and newer items into my project.
Despite the slowing progress, I am happy to have this project to work on while I am stuck at home. In some ways, being stuck at home has helped me to finish my lip products more quickly. Now that I am home all day, I remember to reapply my lip products periodically throughout the day.
However, I am beginning to hate my ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Falling Up. Despite daily usage of this shadow, I still have so much product left in the pan. For nearly two weeks straight, Falling Up was the only lid shade I was wearing! I will be glad when this shadow is finally done.
Biggest Goal for Update 3: I hope to finish my BECCA Backlight Priming Filter, BECCA Hydra-Mist Set and Refresh Powder, or my ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Falling Up by my next update.
If you enjoyed reading my 20 in 2020 Project Pan Update you might enjoy reading about my experience attempting the Pan That Palette Challenge in 2018.
Do you own any of the productsÂ featured in my 20 in 2020 Project Pan Update #2? Have you attempted to finish any beauty products that are difficult to use up? Please let me know in the comments below.0