How am I progressing towards my goal to finish 20 specific makeup products? Keep reading my 20 in 2020 Project Pan March Update to find out what products I finished since my introduction.
Discloser: This post contains affiliate links. I may make a small commission if you make a purchase using my link. All opinions are my own.
Why this Project?
Last year, I started on a mission to be more transparent about my bad beauty buying habits. I meticulously tracked the items that came in and out of my collection using my beauty inventory, I rounded up my beauty empties, and ruthlessly decluttered products throughout the year.
Although I was not shy to share my beauty inventory or my hauls, I always shied away from sharing the actual size and value of my makeup collection. However, I finally took the plunge to share my makeup collection.
Although I intend to keep tracking my seasonal empties and beauty declutters, I set a specific Project Pan Goal to finish 20 products in 2020.
Products I Finished
- Dermablend – Translucent Loose Setting Powder Mini ($5.22)
- Kopari – Coconut Lip Glossy ($12.00, CF)*
- LA Girl – Gel Glide Eyeliner in Whiten ($3.99, CF)
- Maybelline – Fit Me Concealer in Fair ($8.29)*
- Milani – Eyeshadow Primer ($5.99, CF)*
- Nudestix – Tinted Blur Stick in Light 2 ($30.00, CF)*
- Revlon – Candid Photoready Insta-Filter Foundation in 200 Nude ($17.99)*
- Thrive Causemetics – Waterproof Eyebrow Liner in Serena ($23.00, CF)
Progress: 40% Complete (8/20)
Products I’m Still Working On
- BECCA – Backlight Priming Filter Mini ($21.00, CF)*
- Pixi Beauty – Hydrating Milky Mist ($15.00, CF)*
- Urban Decay – All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray ($32.00, CF)*
- Charlotte Tilbury – Hollywood Contour Wand ($38.00, CF)*
- Milk Makeup – Mini Lip + Cheek Stick in Werk ($14.00, CF)*
- Milk Makeup – Mini Highlighter in Lit ($14.00, CF)*
- ColourPop – Super Shock Shadow in Falling Up ($4.50, CF)
- Milk Makeup – KUSH Clear Brow Gel ($18.00, CF)*
- Bite Beauty – Matte Creme Lip Pencil in Glace ($12.00, CF)*
- Fenty Beauty – Mini Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow ($11.50, CF)*
- Glossier – Clear Lip Gloss ($14.00, CF)*
- Urban Decay – Vice Lipstick in Liar ($18.00, CF)*
Products I’m Rolling In
After finishing 8 products by my 20 in 2020 Project Pan March Update, I will need to roll in 8 new products to work on. The below items are what I’ve chosen:
- Artist Couture – Mini Diamond Glow Powder in Illuminati ($14.10, CF)
- BECCA – Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder ($39.00, CF)
- Glossier – Coconut Balm Dotcom ($12.00, CF)*
- Glossier – Stretch Concealer in G10 ($18.00, CF)*
- IT Cosmetics – Mini Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil (12.00, CF)
- L.A. Girl – Gel Glide Eyeliner in Champagne ($3.99, CF)
- Shiseido – Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation SPF 30 in 220 Deluxe Mini ($7.83)
- Tatcha – Silk Canvas Mini ($22.00, CF)
Final Thoughts on my 20 in 2020 Project Pan March Update
I am blown away by the progress I made by my 20 in 2020 Project Pan March Update. I anticipated that I would have a good chance of finishing products such as the Kopari Lip Glossy and the mini Dermablend Loose Setting Powder. However, I am amazed by how quickly I finished some of the base and setting products
Although I should be celebrating this little victory, I am nervous to see how this month’s progress impacts my ability to finish products in the future. More specifically, I am worried about the difficulty of finishing the new products thatI’m rotating into the project. Many of these new adds have much more product left than those items that I’ve finished.
Despite this growing trepidation, I need to remember that I do not want to waste my makeup by being heavy-handed and over-using items. Slow progress is still progress.
Biggest Goal for Update 2: I hope to finish either my Milk KUSH Brow Gel, Urban Decay Setting Spray or ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Falling Up by my next update.
If you enjoyed reading my 20 in 2020 Project Pan March Update you might enjoy reading about my Project Introduction or following along with my experience attempting the Pan That Palette Challenge in 2018.
Do you own any of the products included in my 20 in 2020 Project Pan March Update? Have you attempted to finish any beauty products that are difficult to use up? Please let me know in the comments below.0