Leave it to Melt to make beauty lovers worldwide lust after pukey shades of green and brown. The color scheme in the Melt Cosmetics Gemini Palette is the perfect combination of warm browns and grungy greens. If you love the color story, but want more affordable options please keep reading for amazing Melt Cosmetics Gemini Palette dupes.
Melt Cosmetics Gemini Palette
The Melt Cosmetics Gemini Palette is a 10-pan eyeshadow palette comprised of a mix of yellow, brown, and green-toned shadows. The palette consists of eight matte shadows and two shimmer shadows. Melt Cosmetics is Cruelty-Free and many of their products are vegan, too.
- Luna | Honey Beige Matte
- Gemini | Vermillion Duochrome Shimmer
- Lorelei | Mustard Matte
- Polkadot | Tawny Brown Matte
- Cupcake | “True Brown” Matte
- Bonnie | Dark Black Matte
- Leo | Army Green Matte
- Goalz | Lime Green Metallic Shimmer
- Fire OG | Olive Green Matte
- Mochi | Olive Mustard Matte
- Fire OG | Olive Green Matte
Retail Value: $58.00
Melt Cosmetics Gemini Palette Dupes
Finding Melt Cosmetics Gemini Palette dupes was a lot harder than I initially anticipated. Although the palette is comprised of neutral eyeshadows, many of the shades have unique, grungy undertones.
Thankfully, Pinterest holds a wealth of valuable information for anyone looking to dupe a palette. Without Pinterest, I wouldn’t have been able to find Melt Cosmetic Gemini Palette dupes.
The below dupe list consists of mainly indie brands who make bomb single shadows. For a few shades I’ve included alternatives, too. In some cases, certain shadows are truer color matches than others, but provide an overall similar vibe to the Melt Gemini Palette color scheme.
- Luna Dupe| Honey Beige Matte Shadow
- Makeup Geek – Creme BrÃ»lÃ©e ($6.50)
- Gemini Dupe| Vermillion Duochrome Shimmer Shadow
- ColourPop – 20 Something ($4.00)
- Lorelei Dupe| Mustard Matte Shadow
- ColourPop – Paper Tiger ($4.00)
- Alternatives: Devinah Cosmetics – Darena ($5.00)
- Polkadot Dupe| Tawny Brown Matte Shadow
- Makeup Geek – Tan Lines ($6.50)
- Cupcake Dupe| “True Brown” Matte Shadow
- Makeup Geek – Mocha ($6.50)
- Bonnie Dupe| Dark Black Matte Shadow
- ColourPop – Let’s Do It ($4.00)
- Leo Dupe| Army Green Matte Shadow
- Devinah Cosmetics – Thisbe ($5.00)
- Goalz Dupe| Lime Green Metallic Shimmer Shadow
- ColorPop – Rose All Day ($4.00)
- Fire OG Dupe| Olive Green Matte Shadow
- Looxi – Socialite ($5.00)
- Alternatives: Team Captain ($4.00)
- Mochi Dupe| Olive Mustard Matte Shadow
- Devinah Cosmetics – Freya ($5.00)
- Alternatives: Devinah Cosmetics – Courtney ($5.00)
Dupe Value: $49.50 USD (15% less expensive than the original)
Will I Try to Dupe Another Palette?
I will definitely attempt to dupe another eyeshadow palette. First, the process of duping was fun. Second, why not save money if I can?!
I love that pre-made palettes can serve major creative inspiration and usher in color trends in the market. However, we can usually recreate pre-made palettes with shadows we already own.
Due to the unique undertones in this palette, I bought many of these single shadows. Although there are nuances to each shade in the Melt Cosmetics’ Gemini Palette, colors often look less differentiated on the eye than they do when swatched.
I could have saved more money if I tried to find Melt Cosmetics Gemini Palette dupes in my current collection. However, I don’t mind spending money to support indie brands. Plus, I like having the single shadows organized similarly to the actual layout of the real Gemini Palette.
What would you dupe if you could? Are there any palettes you’d like to see duped?
Interested in exploring other new indie brands? Check out my indie beauty roundup:
Have you tried anything from Melt Cosmetics? Do you own the Gemini Palette or would you rock these grungy green and brown shadows? Let me know in the comments below.0