I can’t lie – I am bummed that I missed out the Melt Cosmetics Gemini Palette. The color scheme is the perfect combination of warm browns and grungy greens. Leave it to Melt to make beauty lovers worldwide lust after pukey shades of green and brown.
The Gemini Palette helped to start the wave of green-hued palettes that we’re currently seeing in the market. As a result, there are quite a few ways to dupe this palette with single shadows or shadows in other pre-made palettes… for less! Please keep reading to see how I created a dupe palette for the Melt Cosmetics Gemini Palette.
Melt Cosmetics – Gemini Palette
The Melt Cosmetics Gemini Palette is a 10-pan eyeshadow palette comprised of a mix of yellow, brown, and green-toned shadows. The palette consists of eight matte shadows and two shimmer shadows. Melt Cosmetics is Cruelty-Free and many of their products are vegan, too.
- Luna | Honey Beige Matte Shadow
- Gemini | Vermillion Duochrome Shimmer Shadow
- Lorelei | Mustard Matte Shadow
- Polkadot | Tawny Brown Matte Shadow
- Cupcake | “True Brown” Matte Shadow
- Bonnie | Dark Black Matte Shadow
- Leo | Army Green Matte Shadow
- Goalz | Lime Green Metallic Shimmer Shadow
- Fire OG | Olive Green Matte Shadow
- Mochi | Olive Mustard Matte Shadow
- Fire OG | Olive Green Matte Shadow
Retail Value: $58.00 USD (Currently Sold Out)
*Note: Image above is sourced from the Melt Cosmetics Website. I do not own the rights to this image.
Melt Cosmetics – Gemini Palette Dupes
Although the Gemini Palette is comprised of fairly neutral eyeshadows, finding exact dupes for each shade was trickier than I anticipated due to the unique, grungy-olive undertones. Thankfully, Pinterest holds a wealth of valuable information that I was able to reference when trying to find dupes for some of the more unique shades.
The below dupe list consists of mainly indie brands who make bomb single shadows. For a few shades I’ve included alternatives, too. In some cases, certain shadows are truer color matches than others, but provide an overall similar vibe to the Melt Gemini Palette color scheme.
- Luna Dupe| Honey Beige Matte Shadow
- Makeup Geek – Creme Brûlée ($6.50 USD)
- Gemini Dupe| Vermillion Duochrome Shimmer Shadow
- ColourPop – 20 Something ($4.00 USD)
- Lorelei Dupe| Mustard Matte Shadow
- ColourPop – Paper Tiger ($4.00 USD)
- Alternatives: Devinah Cosmetics – Darena ($5.00 USD)
- Polkadot Dupe| Tawny Brown Matte Shadow
- Makeup Geek – Tan Lines ($6.50 USD)
- Cupcake Dupe| “True Brown” Matte Shadow
- Makeup Geek – Mocha ($6.50 USD)
- Bonnie Dupe| Dark Black Matte Shadow
- ColourPop – Let’s Do It ($4.00 USD)
- Leo Dupe| Army Green Matte Shadow
- Devinah Cosmetics – Thisbe ($5.00 USD)
- Goalz Dupe| Lime Green Metallic Shimmer Shadow
- ColorPop – Rose All Day ($4.00 USD)
- Fire OG Dupe| Olive Green Matte Shadow
- Looxi – Socialite ($5.00 USD)
- Alternatives: Team Captain ($4.00 USD)
- Mochi Dupe| Olive Mustard Matte Shadow
- Devinah Cosmetics – Freya ($5.00 USD)
- Alternatives: Devinah Cosmetics – Courtney ($5.00 USD)
Dupe Value: $49.50 USD (15% less expensive than the original)
Will I Try to Dupe Another Palette?
I will definitely attempt to dupe another eyeshadow palette because (1) this was fun and (2) why not save money if I can?! I love that pre-made palettes can serve major creative inspiration and usher in color trends in the market, but many times we can recreate these palettes with items we already own. Also, I loved that in my pursuit to dupe this palette, I was able to support three other dope indie beauty brands!
Due to the unique colors in this palette, I had to buy many of these single shadows. Although there are nuances to each shade in the Melt Cosmetics’ Gemini Palette, colors often look less differentiated on the eye than they do when swatched. Knowing this, I could have saved additional money if I did not purchase any new shades. I don’t mind spending money to support indie brands and I like having the single shadows organized similarly to the actual layout of the real Gemini Palette.
What will I try to dupe next? The palettes that come to mind currently are the Huda Beauty Obsessions Palettes and the Melt Cosmetics Smoke Sessions Palette. What would you dupe if you could? Are there any palettes you’d like to see duped?
Interested in exploring other new indie brands? Check out my indie beauty roundup:
- 19 Indie Cosmetics Brands You Should Try in 2019 | Volume 1
- 19 Indie Cosmetics Brands You Should Try in 2019 | Volume 2
- 19 Indie Cosmetics Brands You Should Try in 2019 | Volume 3
Have you tried anything from Melt Cosmetics? Do you own the Gemini Palette or would you rock these grungy green and brown shadows? Let me know in the comments below.