This fall has been a momentous for my blog due to the amazing support I’ve received from the blogging community on Twitter. I’ve read so many thoughtful, creative, and well-crafted posts and have gotten the opportunity to connect with new bloggers.
However, some of the most exciting things to happen this year revolve around the blogger tags and nominations I’ve gotten the chance to participate in. One of the coolest things has been seeing some of my blogger friends take on the Ride or Die Beauty challenge I tagged them in and then reading posts from those bloggers they’ve tagged! Here are a few posts you should check out:
- Ride or Die Tag x Molly @ Mind of Molly
- Ride or Die Tag x Laura @ Palette of Thoughts
- Ride or Die Tag x Anna @ Stralthy
Now onto the details of the Sunshine Blogger Award. Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 more bloggers and ask 11 new questions
- Notify your nominees
RELATED: Sunshine Blogger Award #1
1. What is your blog all about? I mainly blog about beauty-related content, but I also write about wellness and sustainability. Since I typically post 1-2 (usually just one) blog post a month it has been difficult to post more diverse content that touches upon my passion for wellness and sustainability.
2. What inspired you to blog? I needed a creative, but passion-filled outlet outside of my work life. Since I’ve always loved to write and loved the beauty industry, wellness/fitness, and sustainability / the environment, blogging felt like a natural fit for me.
3. What makes your content unique? I struggled with “makeup addiction” for some time – i.e. the need to always buy the latest release or to overspend. Realizing I was trying to buy happiness and was wasting obscene amounts of money, I now make an effort to shop less frequently, spend less, and use more of what I already own. This experience colors much of my blog posts – by allowing me to share completely honest reviews without encouraging excessive spending.
RELATED: Makeup Addiction: Breaking the Habit
4. How do you plan your posts? Originally, I didn’t have a set plan for my posts, but I developed a standard posting schedule and tried to write posts ahead of time so I wouldn’t be stressing the night before my posting day. However, I’ve recently developed an actual blog post planner to help me better organize my blog.
5. Can you share your strategies? I use a pen & some paper to coordinate and plan ahead for my blog posts each month. I am hoping that this new strategy will: (1) assist me in posting more frequently, (2) help me to write more posts ahead of time, and (3) allow me to infuse more wellness & sustainability-focused content.
6. Are you learning new skills to improve your craft? Yes – happy to say that I’ve learned new skills by reading helpful posts from other bloggers or digital experts.
7. How do you grow your following? Social media has been key in helping me to grow my following and interact with more bloggers, so many of the ladies I’ve nominated below I met through Instagram or Twitter.
8. If you’re not blogging, what do you think you will be doing instead? If I’m not blogging, I’m probably reading, taking a barre class, or with friends and family.
9. What’s your favorite part about blogging? I love that blogging allows me to connect with others from around the world. Also, I love that blogging has given me a newfound voice and a way to share my passions.
10. What do you hate about it? I hate the stress that comes along with trying to grow page views and followers. For a while, I became really disheartened and lost the joy that blogging provided because I felt like I wasn’t connecting with others or growing.
11. What piece of advice can you say to struggle bloggers, who are feeling demotivated? Don’t compare your growth to others – it will only bring stress and misery. We all grow at our own pace depending on our niche, our posting strategies, and the time that we have to devote to amplifying our content. Also, try connecting with other bloggers on social media because it will help you to make friends within the blogging community.
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What is your biggest goal for 2019 (blog, professional, or personal)?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What is your favorite food?
- Where is the last place you traveled to?
- Where do you typically write your blog posts – at home or in public (ex. a coffee shop)?
- If you could wake up tomorrow working your dream job, what would it be?
- If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
- Pick only one: Netflix, Hulu, Prime TV, or YouTube?
- Pick only one: Sephora, Ulta, Blue Mercury, or the Drugstore? (If the drug store, which one?)
- Alana Nicole @ Solely Living
- Sarah Leigh @ Life it or Not
- Anna @ Stralthy
- Alex @ California Pollution
- ALJ @ MyLifelines
- Erica @ Grand Fash Life
- Jenni @ Housewife Hustle
- Monique @ Renting the Rain
- Jenny @ Sparkle and Style
- Kiran @ Design the Lifestyle You Desire
- Yaya @ My Dreamality
Know that you all won’t do this post, but I wanted to give you all a shout out since I am always excited to read your latest posts. Hope this brightens up your day – thanks for writing such awesome blogs! Looking forward to reading your responses.
If you aren’t already following these amazing bloggers, please check them out.